I was looking to use InteractiveHtmlBom plugin for KiCad but unfortunately, Debian maintainers did not set
KICAD_SCRIPTING option in the official package. After a few failing attempts I even tested the official flatpak package but it is an old version (currently 4.x) and scripting is not enabled too.
So I dug further until it actually succeeds to compile :-)
There are a lot of pages stating that the Thinkpad T440p fingerprint sensor is
not working well under Linux, but those are old and outdated. For me it worked
well after figured out which packets to install:
WireGuard is a new VPN software, which is
It aims to be faster, simpler, leaner, and more useful than IPSec, while avoiding the massive headache and using state-of-the-art cryptography.
a black hole for Internet advertisements,
ie a server blocking advertisements at DNS level.
I have Pi-hole on my home network but wanted to have it also as DNS server on my
phone when I am not at home. As I have a bad DSL connection, I can not rely on
my home server. So I put Pi-hole on a VPS server I rent: it works, flawlessly.
Nevertheless, it was an open DNS resolver, which can be used to
amplify DDoS attacks; there is
already 2212 unsecured Pi-hole on
the Internet, so I do not want to add another one.
Pi-hole provides documentation
to use OpenVPN, even to redirect
only DNS requests but
it is not efficient on a phone as it is not a stateless connection, so it
consumes battery; moreover, GSM/Wifi switch is not really handled, you have to
reconnect. The solution comes from WireGuard which is stateless, and provides
& iOS apps. I struggle to configure
everything, so here is what I did:
I lost some time figuring out how to associate “.stl” extensions with Slic3r.
Gnome wrote a
but it is not obvious to find. I did not use the package manager for that because
I wanted the up to date AppImage.
I am currently working with BLE beacons -only iBeacons for now- with Espressif’s
esp-idf libraries. The aim is to use the ESP32 as a gateway to published
detected beacons to an MQTT broker. It was surprisingly easy and I will write
something about that when the
code will be more polished.
Anyway, by curiosity and to speed up development, I wanted to try
microPython port to ESP32, and I did. Unfortunately, BLE support is not yet
reliable enough and a lot of advertisements were lost with 4 to 6 beacons. This
post is to keep track of my work and, hopefully, use in the future when
microPython port will be more reliable :-)